domingo, 8 de janeiro de 2012

jack kerouac's letter to marlon brando



«I'm praying that you'll buy ON THE ROAD and make a movie of it. Don't worry about the structure, I know to compress and re-arrange the plot a bit to give a perfectly acceptable movie-type structure: making it into one all-inclusive trip instead of the several voyages coast-to-coast in the book, one vast round trip from New York to Denver to Frisco to Mexico to New Orleans to New York again. I visualize the beautiful shots could be made with the camera on the front seat of the car showing the road (day and night) unwinding into the windshield, as Sal and Dean yak. I wanted you to play the part because Dean (as you know) is no dopey hotrodder but a real intelligent (in fact Jesuit) Irishman. You play Dean and I'll play Sal (Warner Bros. mentioned I play Sal) and I'll show you how Dean acts in real life.
What I wanta do is re-do the theater and the cinema in America, give it a spontaneous dash, remove pre-conceptions of "Situation" and let people rave on as they do in real life. That's what the play is: no plot in particular, no "meaning in particular, just the way people are.»

só por causa disso. vou-te escrever*

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário